Final Major Project: Spring Break
The Easter holidays ― a time for family, chocolate, and illuminating letters . . . Theme of week five in the ‘comfort of creativity’ self-coaching program is ~ Map your circles of influence ― set your boundaries & intentions I revisited notes I had made over the Christmas break, exploring the foundations of what it means to live a good life: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the ‘simple, uneventful life’ of the Shakers. I printed out the very rough first draft of what I’ve been calling my ‘wonder-book’ (inspired by childhood compendiums of facts and stories) and while I liked a lot of the visuals ― the blue of the cover, the beautiful effect of printing flower photographs on the soft grey hue of the recycled paper ― as a whole it isn’t working. I sat and thought back to that phrase which shone out from last week’s tutorial: what would it be to make ‘a hug in a book’? Something a lot simpler than this bulky collection of writing. A hu...




Comments
Post a Comment